Crawl Across the Ocean

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Giving thanks / Giving Grief - Blog Notes

I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to all the Bloggers out there who have supported this Blog in its infancy.

In particular, thanks to Captain Flynn (from Against All Flags), honourary holder of the prestigious first-commenter award, Terrible Timmy (from Voice in the Wilderness), Pogge (from his eponymous site - recently mentioned in the Toronto Star) and Andrew Spicer (another self-titled blog).

Additionally, thanks to those who have linked to or mentioned my Blog, including J. Kelly Nestruck (at On the Fence), Jonathan Dursi (at No More Shall I Roam), Theresa (at Heart of Canada), Justin (at Flash Point Canada) and Ian King (self-titled). If I missed anyone let me know!

Also, special thanks to Jim Elve, (of Blogs Canada), the e-group he set up there was the first Blog I ever ran across (it's still one of the best Blogs I know), and it was Jim's invitation for me to join the group which helped give me the confidence/motivation to start my own blog.

Finally, for any readers who are personal friends or family, my 'Family and Friends' section of links is still looking pretty thin - aside from the amusingly self-deprecating, Skeeter's Thoughts - so let's get moving :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • I promise that I will start my own blog in the time period of [One Month From Now - Three Years From Now]. I just need to figure out which obscure Electronic lyric I should use as my blog's name. Just kidding, but I do need to psyche myself up before jumping in. I have already begun to scribble down ideas for postings as they come to mind, so hopefully that will help me to avoid writer's block when the time comes.

    In the meantime, keep up the great work!

    Simon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:34 AM  

  • Hmmm, I suppose that "obscure Electronic lyric" is redundant.

    Simon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:40 AM  

  • Thanks Simon,

    As you know, I was reading Blogs for months before I got the nerve to start my own, so don't take my exhortations to start Blogging as soon as possible too seriously.

    Yeah, I think if you focus on choosing an 'Electonic' lyric, the obscure part will take care of itself, although I suppose choosing one from a song not released as a single is somewhat more obscure than choosing one of the singles (In the sense that Iqaluit is colder than Winnipeg).

    By Blogger Declan, at 12:44 PM  

  • We'll have to start calling Jim the BlogFather, of course, the internet being what it is, there's probably already any number of Blogfather's out there.

    By Blogger Declan, at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home