Crawl Across the Ocean

Sunday, February 06, 2005

STV meeting, new blog

First off, I went to the Yes campaign Vancouver meeting last Saturday. Don't believe me? (see for yourself). It reminded me why I don't like politics - because it always involves a lot of interacting with other people, one of my least favourite activities. This has nothing to do with the people supporting the yes campaign, who all seem like the kind of knowledgeable, committed people who make democracy work. It's just a recognition of my personality, which is more suited to solitary pursuits than social ones.

Which leads me to my second point, which is that, partly to avoid this blog being overrun by STV posts, and partly just to get all my STV stuff in one place, I have created a new 'Vote Yes' blog.

I cross posted over everything I had posted here on STV already, and I have also added a bunch of posts including:

How did we get here? (Backgrounder) (some background info on what led to this referendum)
What the heck is STV? (an explanation of how the Single Transferrable Vote system works.
Why Vote Yes (short version) (a more concise explanation of why I support switching to STV) and most recently,
A survey of what's out there on the web relating to STV in B.C.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • All right, Declan, so which one is you in that photo? Dare I guess? How about third from the left?

    By Blogger Janie For Mayor, at 11:38 PM  

  • Nice try Timmy, but incorrect. Actually, you should have been able to guess who I am based on my post - I'm the one half out of the picture to the right :)

    By Blogger Declan, at 12:12 AM  

  • You're right, of course: the one who looks the least comfortable in a group of people.:) Shoulda picked up on that.

    By Blogger Janie For Mayor, at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home