Crawl Across the Ocean

Friday, March 11, 2005

The New Spell Checking

So I was checking the referring url's to my site (i.e. the last page people were at before they came here) and I noticed a bunch of google searches for 'Jetsgo' which surprised me because my site doesn't rank too high on a search for 'Jetsgo'. I followed the link to the referring sites and realized that it was in fact a search for 'Jestgo' which was leading people to my site (I'm #2 on that one).

Apparently when I first posted about Jetsgo back in December, I misspelled it as 'Jestgo' and I'm not the only one who is prone to that mistake. I'm guessing that this isn't what people mean when they talk about the 'self-correcting blogosphere'.

At any rate, I'm always looking for ways to build traffic so perhaps this could be a workable strategy. Keep an eye out for lots of mentions of Bombradier, Notrel and Air Canaad in the near future.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Thanks Treehugger (unless that was sarcasm in which case... :)

    It's true, some traffic is more equal than others. Plus, I have to consider the impact on the average grammatical quality of my comments. Don't want a bunch of lousy spellers bringing down the tone around here!

    By Blogger Declan, at 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home