Crawl Across the Ocean

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Sponsorship Scandal

I meant what I said earlier about this being a dull topic for me, but it's important enough in it's (potential) impact on Canadian politics that it's worth a post, so I'm going to take the easy way out here.

The best mainstream report on the 'explosive' testimony of Jean Brault at the Gomery Inquiry was the 4 part story in the Globe.

The best commentary on the web was from pogge, who has an interesting take with lots of good comments. I don't agree with his assessment that Martin should resign. I figure he called the inquiry so we could find out the truth, and it will be up to the voters to decide how much they want to punish the Liberals for their mafia-like antics which wasted a total of at least $5 of each taxpayers money over a 10 year stretch.

I agreed more with James Bow who posted his opinion at the e-group that, under the circumstances the Green Party looks like the best bet for the next election. Of course I voted Green last election, so it's not a big surprise that I agree with that assessment.

So that's enough about that.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At this point I'm not entirely sure I agree with me either. I'm considering some of the comments. I may yet write a post to at least explain why I got so wound up about it.

    By Blogger pogge, at 8:44 PM  

  • I can see why you got wound up!

    It's just too bad the alternatives are so uninspiring / worrisome.

    By Blogger Declan, at 12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home