Crawl Across the Ocean

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Priorities, Part 2

Blogging could be light for the next few days. No, I'm not going on a trip. And no I'm not super-busy at work (no more than usual, anyway). And it's definitely not (god forbid!) that I have to spend more time with my kids. No, the next few days will be extra busy as I prepare for the annual hockey pool auction which goes this Sunday (if you have any inside tips, email them to me instead of commenting just in case other pool members are reading my blog).

Who's going to play the point on the Wild power play? Kuba, Zyuzin?
The pool magazines all say Iginla's going to get 100+ points but the last two NHL seasons he got 73 and 67. How many will he really get?
Is Crawford finally going to give the Sedins more ice time?
Is St. Louis (the team, not the player) as bad as they look on paper?
Who will get more points, Crosby or Bochenski?

These are the sorts of questions I must try and answer between now and 10 a.m. (delicate eastern time-zoners don't want to be up late on a school night!) on Sunday.

7 Comments:

  • "Who will get more points, Crosby or Bochenski?"

    Bochenski for sure.

    If you want to participate in a blogger's pool, check my site.

    By Blogger Andrew, at 6:57 PM  

  • No offense Andrew, but I think I could only make use of your opinion when there are no Senators or Maple Leafs involved :)

    As for the pool, I'm already in too many, but thanks.

    By Blogger Declan, at 9:10 PM  

  • Two words: Zigmund Palffy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 PM  

  • Two words: Ryan Malone

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 PM  

  • Hmm, maybe I should have turned off anonymous comments for this post...

    By Blogger Declan, at 9:55 PM  

  • Oh, so you have a good reason for not blogging as opposed to us slacker hard-working parent types.

    You know, I've always regretted not spending more time with my hockey pools. They grow up so fast.;)

    By Blogger Janie For Mayor, at 2:52 PM  

  • That's exactly right Timmy.

    I remember a few years back my hockey pool teams were happy and victorious and seemingly at peace with the world. Now, after a few years of neglect, they have become angry rebellious underachievers, who play like they're on drugs (and not the performance enhancing kind).

    It's time for me to stop being an absentee GM and give my pool team the attention it needs.

    And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon...

    everybody!

    By Blogger Declan, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home