Crawl Across the Ocean

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

We come and we go / That's a thing that I keep in the back of my head

Now that George Bush has nominated the woman who used to be his personal lawyer to the highest court in the land (what great judgement he must have had in selecting Miers - one of the best judges in the country, apparently - to be his personal lawyer!), I figured I would open up the floor so that people could predict future Bush nominations.

Let me get you started with some possibilities:
"Bush nominates his former dog-sitter to head the Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare"
"Bush nominates his mortgage broker to head the Federal Housing Finance Board"
"Bush nominates his former math teacher to head the Bureau of the Census"

To get you started, the full list of U.S. government agencies is here.

3 Comments:

  • Hmm, maybe this game wan't as much fn as I hoped.

    I liked the gym socks suggestion. We could call that Bush's 'Caligula moment'.

    By Blogger Declan, at 9:25 PM  

  • Thanks for the link Laura, I noticed that Billmon also had pretty much the same idea I did.

    By Blogger Declan, at 8:29 PM  

  • I don't have any ideas, either, but I just have to say that this - what great judgement he must have had in selecting Miers - one of the best judges in the country, apparently - to be his personal lawyer! - is the funniest thing I've read all week.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home