Crawl Across the Ocean

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Sunset

As the last orange rays go horizontal, a final, fleeting chance to catch the fierce, vast beauty of the Wilderness.

Which is to say, Timmy (and Princess Monkey) are shutting down 'Voice in the Wildernesss' or at the very least, not posting any more (we'll see if Timmy listens to pleas to at least keep the site online, even if no new posts will be added).

Few (if any) blogs and/or bloggers did as much to inspire and encourage me in my own blogging. And I can't think of anyone who blogged with the same passion, respect for dissenting views, eloquence, and yes, pure volume, that Timmy did.

Lots of sad days lately as some of my favourite blogs close their doors. It's almost enough to make me rethink the conclusion of my last post (that blogs will only continue to gain in number, readership, influence and sophistication) and think instead that maybe Alan (at Gen X at 40) is right and blogging is just a fad that has already hit its high-water mark. I hope not, but I guess we'll see.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home