Crawl Across the Ocean

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Local Politics

The closest I've come to politics in the last week was almost running into Stephen Harper (he's more agile than he looks!) at a campaign stop in Byron (outside London), so I don't have anything too topical to say about the election.

Now back in Peterborough for the holidays, my only thought is that this will be a tough riding to predict the outcome in. The next door neighbours were ignored when they went car shopping at the dealership of the Conservative candidate so it looks like Conservative votes could be thin on the ground in our particular neighbourhood, but with popular long time incumbent Peter Adams retiring and the Liberal candidate relatively unknown, it should be a tight race unless there is a big shift in the polls in the next few weeks.

Anyway that's enough politics for Christmas Eve, Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

  • Drat - I decided not to go home to Lindsay this year. If I had we probably could have hooked up for a coffee or something.

    By Blogger Andrew, at 1:53 PM  

  • Thanks Mark!

    Maybe next year Andrew. I certainly understand someone not wanting to make the trip across highway 7 from Ottawa - I never liked that particular trip back during the brief days I worked in Ottawa. I remember taking the bus home for Thanksgiving one time and the bus was overbooked so they brought in a school bus for the rest of the passengers - not fun!

    By Blogger Declan, at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home