Crawl Across the Ocean

Monday, April 10, 2006

Let Me Clarify Something

Recently I wrote that I was waiting and watching to see what the Conservatives were planning on the Climate Change front. Via Sinister Thoughts, I see the following comments from our environment minister, Rona Ambrose,
"The Kyoto pact set short-term reduction targets through 2012. These are unrealistic for Canada, the minister said. Instead, Canadians need to talk about "action and solutions long term. We need solutions that are out by 50, 100 years, not two years, five years."


So let me just clarify that when I said I was waiting, I didn't mean for 100 years - I meant until budget time.

2 Comments:

  • Glad to see that Harper is interested in the looooooong term well-being of the planet.

    By Blogger Simon, at 4:35 PM  

  • Always reassuring to see governments who aren't afraid to leave tough decisions to future governments. I think that's what true leadership means.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home